Facebook receives 6 Million page views per minute and has 400 Million users. If your not already engaging with your consumers on Facebook, your competitor is.
If you already use Facebook for personal use than you are pretty familiar with what I’m talking about already. The following are a couple tips and ideas on ways to make sure your optimizing Facebook for your social media marketing goals.
1. Make Your Fan Page Look User Friendly. It’s all about user experience and design. People want to find what they want and they want it now. If your page is hard to navigate, unattractive and boring you are not optimizing your Facebook page enough for your social media marketing objectives. You can do better. One way to get a hold on the user experience of your Facebook page by making it look better and creating a Welcome page for non-fans to convert them to fans quickly. You can utilize the Static FBML application to do this and more.
- Add the Static FBML application to your Facebook page and start playing around with code to get the design you want. Mari Smith is a great resource for learning how to utilize static to create a better user experience for those driven to your Facebook Page. The thing to keep in mind is that people want information quickly. If you direct people to your page to “become a fan” or “like” whatever it is these days, you need to quickly grab their attention and tell them what your about and why they should connect with you or your company. This should all be on your welcome page. Read more at Mari Smith’s blog, linked above.
2. Link your Facebook Page to Your Other Sites. Have a blog, ecommerce site, something else online? Get a Facebook Badge or widget to show that you have one. This way, Facebook users going to your other sites will be able to connect with you on Facebook as well. If you don’t know what that is, just do a search and you’ll find it.
3. Create a quiz. Want to engage your fans or draw your personal friends to your page? Create a quiz on something related to what your page is about. There are a bunch of different apps but a lot of people seem to like Quiz Maker. So how do you create an interesting quiz? Let’s say for instance my page is about Social Media Marketing and I want to do something fun. I can create a quiz titled “If you were a social network, which would you be?” My questions would be related to their personalities and depending on the type of answers they choose I would tell them which network they are. Then, they could share it with their friends or post the result to their page. Great viral tool if done well so check it out.
4. Bracket Anything. Bracket anything is an app you can use to get your users to create brackets, make bets, and discuss players in a certain industry. It is great for engaging users with your page. This was great when March Madness was going on. Socialnomics used this to bracket the best social media thought-leaders.
5. Broadcast something. Another great way to be more creative than the majority of Facebook pages is to do a broadcast on something. Vpype is the first online broadcasting application to live directly in Facebook gaining access to its 400 million plus users. Check out the service here and be sure to watch some videos so you can see what other companies are doing with Vpype on Facebook.
6. Add the “Universal Like” button to both your Facebook page and your company page. This new button is still in the works with Facebook. Wednesday, the 21st of April, Zuckerberg will be discussing the plans and implications of developing this universal “like” button and the benefits it will bring to webmasters, brands, and social search. Please subscribe because I’ll be covering this one in more detail soon.
Facebook pages are nothing unless your audience is engaging with them. One way to do that is to utilize Facebook’s many engaging and fun tools. One important thing to remember with all of these tools is that they are still just tools. You must learn how to use them to connect with your audience. One way to make sure your doing this is simply by putting yourself in your users shoes. If you are creating and marketing a broadcast you have coming up, be prepared, be scripted, and be entertaining. This should go without saying. Further, if you are creating quizzes or brackets to engage be sure the title and whatever the quiz or bracket is about is something that your audience is very interested in. The only way they will find out about your quiz is through word or mouth or searching for the quiz with your keywords on Facebook so make sure you use the right title so anyone searching for an app like yours will be sure to find it in search.
Last but not least, I will be very tuned in on the new happenings with Facebook and Twitter’s future plans and I will be sure to debrief subscribers on that information, and more importantly, how to use that and prepare to take advantage of it for their businesses. So, be sure to subscribe so you do not miss out and you know what to do before your competitors!
Please be sure to leave a comment and share it with your friends using the share button below!