Read this Blog, subscribe, bookmark, do whatever you have to do to stay connected with this blog. We’re here to help and you’ve come here for a reason so stay in touch. For a list of all our articles visit the Social Capitalist Sitemap.
The main author and editor of this blogs has worked and been successful in both the management of clients social media as well as selling SaaS solutions for businesses that help in their strategic development and implementation of social media strategies. She has been quite successful in both outlets and has had the opportunity to meet and research hundreds of companies all over North America on the discussions of social media for their businesses.
Our Philosophy on SMO
Being a Social-Capitalist is about growing by sharing and adding value to the world around us and in turn, adding value to yourself. Social Media Optimization theory has a deeper level beyond its powerful results. Social technologies have made it so that in order to lead, you have to be open and in order to be open, you have to be willing to give up control. On a deeper level this resonates. We learn and get the most out of life by being open and sharing. The same principles are universal in business and economies. While many elements are critical to success, it is only when we open up and share with others that we can truly become mentally and materially rich. Social technologies have given us the opportunity to capitalize on quality relationships, spread our message and transcend superficial barriers to reach what matters.
What the Social Capitalist IS:
A record of the rapidly evolving social technologies and digital space in the practice of social marketing and social media optimization. Our goal is to provide the tools, insight, tips, and information to help marketers and brands optimize their efforts on new media.
- Exploration into the art of social media optimization to see what works and what does not
- Evaluation of “social media thought leader” theories, campaigns, case studies, new technologies and how they can help us.
- Guidance for people that want to understand social marketing and social media optimization.
- Insight into trends and unique ways technologies can be applied to better engage and enhance the experience for everyone.
- A dialogue of other people’s experience, knowledge, and perceptions of social media for communication, sharing, and more.
- A resource for people and businesses who want to learn how to leverage social media to achieve their goals.
- A community for social marketers and people interested in SMO. We highly encourage comments and discussion on what is written here and we are open to any suggestions, debates, or anything else. That is how we grow. We’ve also enabled certain plugins that reward top participators.
We’re Not About:
- A place for spammers.
- A place for absolutes, or perfection. We’re not perfect but we do love constructive criticism and feedback. What works for one company may not work for you but we hope that it does.
- A place where we promote things we don’t believe in or have not used.
Yours Very Truly,
The Social Capitalists
Please Subscribe with you favorite feed reader or subscribe by email using the sidebar to the right of this page. If you want to subscribe a different way, email us at (j (at) social-capitalist.com) and let us know- we’ll make it work for you.
The Social Capitalist