So you realized that this social media thing is really not just a fad and you need to do something about it for the sake of your reputation or company. What if you get behind? Before you panic or do anything at all you must ask yourself the following questions. Failure to do so and seriously consider them could end up wasting a lot of your time or even worse, badly hurting your reputation. This article is designed to get you head screwed on straight before doing anything rash like creating a company facebook page before having any plan as to what the heck you will do with it.
Ask Yourself The Following Questions:
- Who do you want to connect with?
- How much time do you want to spend on this?
- What is the opportunity cost for you to spend this time?
- What do you hope to get out of it?
Then Ask Yourself these Questions:
- Where are the people you want to connect with online?
- Which social networks are they using the most?
- How much time are they spending there and on other sites?
- What are they doing?
- Who are they listening to?
- How do they communicate?
- What makes them want to communicate or share info?
- What are they talking about?
Lastly, ask yourself these questions:
- Would you like to get them talking positively about you?
- Would you like tips and strategies on how to get them talking about you positively?
- Would you like to get answers to all your questions about social media?
- Would you like to rank high in social searches?
- Would you like to become more of a thought leader in your industry?
If you answered yes to all those questions than you should strongly consider subscribing to Social Capitalist because I will be taking every expert opinion and tip and applying them to myself and my clients first. If they work, I will write about it on here and teach you how to make it work for you.
The bottom line is, none of us have time for this stuff, right? It is okay do not worry. I will be your little test monkey and I will give you the tools and information I know that works so you can make it work for you. Here you will get the facts you need to optimize your social media usage for your goals. No muss, no fuss.
Stay tuned as in the next post I will be writing more about word of mouth marketing online. If you have not already read my 6 New Rules for WOM online I suggest you catch up as it will make the next post more useful.
For more articles on social media optimization please bookmark and subscribe to The Social Capitalist.